IGCSE (Cambridge Upper Secondary)
Grades 9 and 10
IGCSE for Grades 9 and 10 prescribed
by the University of Cambridge Assessment
International Examinations, UK – (CAIE)
Cambridge Assessment International Examinations (CAIE) is the world’s largest provider of international education programmes and qualifications for 5 to 19 year olds. It is a part of the University of Cambridge, one of the world’s top universities, trusted for excellence in education. Cambridge programmes and qualifications have a proven reputation for being an excellent preparation for university, employment and life. They provide a valuable international benchmark of learner performance.
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) curriculum was developed by the Cambridge Assessment International Examinations (CAIE) over 25 years ago. Cambridge IGCSE is now the world’s most popular international curriculum for 14-16 year olds, leading to globally recognized and valued Cambridge IGCSE qualifications on par with any secondary school certificate. It provides an ideal preparation for higher level courses such as GCE, ‘A’ level, SAT & IB.
Cambridge IGCSE develops learner knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- Subject content
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as unfamiliar situations
- Intellectual enquiry
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Working and communicating in English
- Influencing outcomes
- Cultural awareness.
A student who takes the examination in a minimum of 5 subjects qualifies for the IGCSE certificate. The ICE Certification (International Certificate of Education) is awarded by the CIE for the recommended combination of subjects in the IGCSE examinations. The Cambridge-IGCSE students at Deccan International School study 8 subjects from the subjects groups listed below. More information on the IGCSE can be found at www.cambridgeinternational.org
Subject choices for Cambridge IGCSE at Deccan International School:
- LanguageFirst Language – EnglishSecond Languages – English / HindiForeign Language – French
- Humanities & Social SciencesEconomics, Geography, English Literature, Sanskrit
- SciencesPhysics, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Sciences
- Creative, Technical and VocationalArt & Design / Business Studies /Physical Education / Computer Studies/ Global Perspectives
Please click on the link below for: